|Job Posted:||7th March 2019|
We are currently recruiting General Operatives to work at our Wakefield site.
This is a full-time position.
Previous electrical manufacturing would be an advantage, but not necessary, as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be provided with a training programme and then be expected to build units to set targets to a high standard.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake additional duties as and when required.
This is a full time (37.5 hours) position weekly hours will be a combination of:
Rota a) Monday to Thursday (8am – 5pm) and Friday (8am – 11.30am);
Rota b) Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm);
- Wiring up of 13A or other plugs
- Assembly of power units, etc including where necessary soldering and screw fixing
- Cutting of cable to length
- Crimping of terminals using a crimping machine
- Pneumatic riveting of terminal blocks for socket
- Assembly of 13A socket
- Preparation and termination of data cables
- Work at a good speed
- Ensure the work area is kept tidy at all times
- Be aware of and work to high quality standards
- Work on own initiative where required
- Train new staff as necessary
- Carry out any other duties as requested by Team Leader and senior management
- Manual handling
Staff will carry out the above duties only after adequate training and when authorised to do so by Management. All duties to be conducted according to Company Quality Control & Health & Safety procedures.