Sales Manager – Southern Region
|Job Posted:||13th September 2018|
Job Title: Sales Manager – Southern Region
Accountable to: National UK Sales Manager
The overall purpose of the job:
To manage an existing portfolio of accounts, react to new business opportunities presented and proactively bring to trade new accounts by selling the benefits and product range of OE Electrics Limited. To maintain existing accounts by telephone contact and visits, the frequency of which should be determined by liaison with the customer and the National UK Sales Manager. Ensuring you operate within the formal OE Electrics/ Customer pricing structure at all times.
You will become a solutions specialist and enhance the product offering to customers by delivering competitive and accurate solutions on standard, non-standard and special products. You will need to maintain close relationships with all relevant departments through full and timely communication of all required information.
The role will be based at the OE Electrics London Showroom but will involve national travel as and when required.
- Managing Director
- Quotes team
- Commercial Manager
- Customer Support Team
- National UK Sales Manager
- Purchasing team
- Production team
- Sales team
- Technical team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To understand the background of OE Electrics success including the complete knowledge of the full OE product range (both manufactured and distributed), the capabilities of the OE production, technical and design teams and the culture of technical accuracy, safety and compliance
- To have a full, and up-to-date, understanding of BS6396, BS5733, BS1363 and a working understanding of BS7671, IEC 60950, IEC 61535, IEC 60884 and any other regulations/legislation as and when they become relevant to OE Electrics and/or our industry – any solution proposed to a customer must be fully compliant with all regulations. Where a solution is complex, ensure that it has been double checked by an equally competent OE technical member of staff, for full compliance and manufacturability
- To recognise opportunities, and develop skills, for upselling and cross-selling OE products through augmented technical solutions
- Understand a client’s requirements and be able to assess the most cost-effective solution, which OE Electrics can manufacture/provide, for that client. Primarily the solutions should use OE standard product ranges, but where those are unsuitable then proposals for custom solutions, such as fabricated electrical assemblies or cable management products can be considered
- Have a thorough understanding of technical drawings, including floor plans, in order to interpret them and recommend suitable products and solutions.
- Where previous experience / current knowledge will assist other OE colleagues/departments in the fulfilment of their role, in a more timely manner, then provide assistance as appropriate
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of OE Electrics as experts in the field, representing OE Electrics in a professional, helpful manner during any dealings, from site visits to emails.
- Regularly review our London Showroom offering as well as those of our clients and competitors to make recommendations for improvements and updates.
- To maintain and improve specific area revenue and profitability (by selling at agreed prices within the customer banding Matrix)
- To supply written quotations, via the quotations team, to customers and to use OE Electrics Procedures to keep a record of items and prices quoted.
- To always offer a high level of customer service and promote OE Electrics in a professional and helpful manner.
- To always use the resources and tools provided by OE Electrics to carry out the role in a timely and cost saving manner.
- To identify new products and ideas that may be helpful to OE Electrics.
- To work as part of team and work within the formal reporting structure.
- To supply any reports requested by any member of the SMT or your line manager.
- Carry out all other duties as requested by the Company Directors as and when required.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to potential new and existing customers.
Details of duties
- Envisaged working week:
- Minimum of four days per week visiting potential new accounts and existing accounts approx. split 50/50.
- Customer visits should only normally take place after an understanding of the business has been obtained and that a need or direct network opportunity has been identified.
- Target when out: 3-4 evaluated appointments per day.
- Presentations requested or planned for customers must be pre-arranged and of an agreed format, authorised in advance by the National UK Sales Manager or, in their absence, the Commercial Manager. Technical presentations should always be planned well in advance to ensure the relevant technical staff can attend if required.
- Weekly Reports and Expenses:
- Reports should be emailed to the National Sales Manager. Report formats will be issued by the National UK Sales Manager.
- Expenses, on the appropriate form should be submitted monthly for approval and authorisation, no later than 5th of the following month.
- Overnight accommodation must be authorised in advance by the National UK Sales Manager, or in their absence, the Commercial Manager
- Ensure that if you use your own car to conduct company business, it is suitable, reliable and presents the correct company image.
- Carry out all other duties requested by the owning Directors, Managing Director and the Senior Management Team as and when needed.
- All duties to be conducted according to Company Quality Control and Health and Safety procedures.