|Job Posted:||20th October 2018|
To ensure the business is geared up for continued growth and delivering excellent customer service there is now a requirement for a dedicated planner. In this role you will be working closely with other departments in the business, most notably the technical, purchasing, production and customer support functions. You will be responsible for assessing customer orders and planning effective production schedules to meet customer requirements.
To carry out your duties successfully you will need to have excellent attention to detail, be proficient at using MS Office, specifically Excel and preferably have a working knowledge of SAP Business 1 or a similar software system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor & ultimately Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day planning of production schedules.
- Using SAP (Business One) to assess orders, looking closely at part availability & dates required.
- Communicating effectively with key departments and personnel in the planning of orders ensuring inputting of information into an Excel spread sheet is done with accuracy and on time.
- Issue new plans for the Production team and ensure you obtain progress updates throughout the day.
- Attend daily planning & production meetings as well as any other meetings relating to your role.
- If there any queries with orders or if any date changes arise, you will be required to liaise with the Customer Support Team to ensure these are communicated and where necessary resolved.
- Continually undertake forward planning to ensure all future orders are completed in time.
- Obtain additional wiring diagrams and BOMs from the Technical team, if required.
- Liaise with the Purchasing team if any parts require ordering.
- Conduct all duties according to Company Quality Control and Health and Safety procedures.
- Carry out any other duty, as and when required by the Directors.