Account Manager – Southern Region
|Job Posted: 25th November 2019|
We are looking for an Account Manager to manage an existing portfolio of accounts, react to new business opportunities presented and proactively bring to trade new accounts by selling the benefits and product range of OE Electrics Limited. To maintain existing accounts by telephone contact and visits, the frequency of which should be determined by liaison with the customer and the National UK Sales Manager. Ensuring you operate within the formal OE Electrics/ Customer pricing structure at all times.
You will become a solutions specialist and enhance the product offering to customers by delivering competitive and accurate solutions on standard, non-standard and special products. You will need to maintain close relationships with all relevant departments through full and timely communication of all required information.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- To understand the background of OE Electrics success including the complete knowledge of the full OE product range (both manufactured and distributed), the capabilities of the OE production, technical and design teams and the culture of technical accuracy, safety and compliance
- To have a full, and up-to-date, understanding of BS6396, BS5733, BS1363 and a working understanding of BS7671, IEC 60950, IEC 61535, IEC 60884 and any other regulations/legislation as and when they become relevant to OE Electrics and/or our industry – any solution proposed to a customer must be fully compliant with all regulations. Where a solution is complex, ensure that it has been double checked by an equally competent OE technical member of staff, for full compliance and manufacturability
- To recognise opportunities, and develop skills, for upselling and cross-selling OE products through augmented technical solutions
- Understand a client’s requirements and be able to assess the most cost effective solution, which OE Electrics can manufacture/provide, for that client. Primarily the solutions should use OE standard product ranges, but where those are unsuitable then proposals for custom solutions, such as fabricated electrical assemblies or cable management products can be considered
- Have a thorough understanding of technical drawings, including floor plans, in order to interpret them and recommend suitable products and solutions.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of OE Electrics as experts in the field, representing OE Electrics in a professional, helpful manner during any dealings, from site visits to emails.
- To always offer a high level of customer service and promote OE Electrics in a professional and helpful manner