|Job Posted: 3rd March 2020|
We are currently recruiting General Operatives to work at our Wakefield site.
This is a full-time position. Previous electrical manufacturing would be an advantage, but not necessary, as full training will be provided.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake additional duties as and when required.
This is a full time (37.5 hours) position weekly hours will be a combination of:
Rota a) Monday to Thursday (8am – 5pm) and Friday (8am – 11.30am);
Rota b) Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm);
This role will include the following:
- Wiring up of 13A or other plugs
- Assembly of power units, etc including where necessary soldering and screw fixing
- Cutting of cable to length
- Crimping of terminals using crimping machine
- Pneumatic riveting of terminal blocks for socket
- Assembly of 13A socket
- Preparation and termination of data cables
- Testing of assemblies
- Any other assembly work as required
- Work at a good speed
- Ensure the work area is kept tidy at all times
- Be aware of and work to high quality standards
- Work on own initiative where required
- Train new staff as necessary
- Carry out any other duties as requested by Team Leader and senior management
- Manual handling