|Job Posted:||7th September 2018|
We are currently recruiting General Operatives to work at our Wakefield site.
This is a full-time position.
Previous electrical manufacturing would be an advantage, but not necessary, as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be provided with a training programme and then be expected to build units to set targets to a high standard.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake additional duties as and when required.
This is a full time (37.5 hours) position weekly hours will be a combination of:
Rota a) Monday to Thursday (8am – 5pm) and Friday (8am – 11.30am);
Rota b) Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm);
- Wiring up of 13A or other plugs
- Assembly of power units, etc including where necessary soldering and screw fixing
- Cutting of cable to length
- Crimping of terminals using a crimping machine
- Pneumatic riveting of terminal blocks for socket
- Assembly of 13A socket
- Preparation and termination of data cables
- Testing each unit prior to despatch to OE standards and procedures
- Ensuring 100% accuracy of the unit, checking thoroughly against the wiring diagram and pick list provided
- Ensuring cable lengths are specified and fault-free both technically and visually
- Ensuring data is a per the diagram, and fault-free both technically and visually
- Work at a good speed whilst being aware of and working to high-quality standards
- Ensure the work area is kept tidy at all times
- Work on own initiative where required
- Carry out any other duties as requested by Management